Social Fund Phone Number – 0843 487 1811

The Social Fund disburses benefits for exceptional or intermittent needs, such as Budgeting Loans, Funeral Benefits, Cold Weather and Winter Fuel Payments, and Sure Start Maternity Grants, to eligible people in the U.K. Some of these benefits, such as Cold Weather benefits are disbursed automatically to those who are eligible, whereas other benefits, such as Budgeting Loans, have to be applied for and would be approved only on meeting the set eligibility criteria. Many people call the Social Fund phone number to get more details of these benefits and to see if they are eligible.

Social Fund Phone NumberHelpline for Information

People call the Social Fund contact number to find out details regarding the various schemes on offer, amount of benefits under these scheme, eligible conditions, how to apply, and for other information.

There are dedicated Social Fund helpline for maternity benefits and funeral benefits under the Social Fund. The most common reasons for which people call these numbers are to seek details of the Sure Start Maternity Grants and Bereavement Fund, apply for these grants, and lodge complaints regarding payments under these schemes. 

All Social Fund phone number lines are open between 8am and 6pm, Mondays to Fridays. People calling these numbers would have to identify themselves with their National Insurance number and date of birth. Response is usually prompt and efficient.

Social Fund Phone NumberJob Centre Plus and Pension Service Helplines

To avail the benefits under the Social Fund, when it is necessary to apply, it is necessary to contact a Jobcentre Plus office and make an appointment. Those above 60 years of age have the option of contacting the Pension Service instead of Job Centre Plus to apply for and avail the benefits. 

People applying for the relevant benefits through Jobcentre Plus and Pension Service would do well to call the Jobcenter Plus or Pension Service helplines instead of the Social Fund phone number to get appointments, seek information on supporting documents to produce when making an application, and for registering complaints such as delays in processing applications, or rejection of applications.